Are you still stuck on Snapchat Filters Won’t Work? It’s 2021, and this is one of the basic problems which anyone might come across. The facial recognition technology is delicate and requires a certain level of phone updates to use without any fuss or problem. There are a few things you can try if your Snapchat filters won’t work and it’s not allowing you to keep up your five hundred day streak with a friend.
In this article, I’ve detailed the various methods you can employ if your Snapchat filter won’t work. If your filters don’t work correctly, chances are that the solution is an easy one. So let’s get started!
- 1 Snapchat Filters Won’t Work | How to Get It Back On Track?
- 2 Closure | Snapchat Filters Won’t Work
Snapchat Filters Won’t Work | How to Get It Back On Track?
Snapchat is a picture-based social media app that has been around for a long time. The organization shot to fame due to the introduction of Snapchat filters, a feature that allowed users to modify pictures of their faces and body using modern technology. It’s safe to say that the entire front of social media has been changed, literally and figuratively. Suddenly using filters was the new cool thing that everybody wanted to use. It got so popular that all new and old social media apps struggled to keep up with the demand of their consumers and had to introduce their version of Snapchat filters. Because of the nature of these filters, sometimes your camera may not be able to correctly fit a filter over your face.
One of the most common reasons for not using Snapchat filters is the lack of updating the app or your mobile software. Newer updates often come with bug fixes, performance improvements, and the addition of new features that may change the working of previous updates. In this case, if you don’t update your app from the AppStore, it can cause lags and make features stop working.
Fixing this is super easy, especially if you’ve been using your phone for a long time and have already been through countless app and software updates over the years. But just in case you’re confused about what we are talking about, the steps are down below!
Updating Your Apple Device
- Unlock your device and go to Settings
- Once you’re in, scroll down till you see General
- Open software updates; if there are any pending updates available, they will be mentioned, and you can either install them immediately or overnight
- Once the update is finished, open Snapchat and check whether your filters are working
Updating Your Android Device
- If you’re using an android device, the steps are similar, but the interface of your phone might vary.
- Unlock your device and go to Settings.
- Tap on software updates.
- Go on check for updates; if they are available, then you can install them by tapping on Install Update easily.
- Once the update shows complete. You can go on Snapchat and check whether your filters are working.
Updating Your Snapchat To The Newest Version
Sometimes your phone may not inform you when a new update for the Snapchat app is available; in that case, you will have to manually install it from the AppStore.
- Open your AppStore on iPhone or Google play store on android
- You can either search for Snapchat on the search bar or go to Updates under my apps and games
- If there is a pending update, it will show up clearly, and you can easily update your app from the AppStore
- Open your Snapchat once the installation of the new update is complete and check if you’re able to use the filters
Snapchat Filter Won’t Work? Is It Your Phone?
In case all your updates are up to date, and you’ve done all these steps mentioned above already, there are a few more things you can try on your own before contacting Snapchat customer service. Do note that older phones may not keep up with the heavy load that Snapchat filters may put on them. All the filters include facial recognition technology that takes a hefty toll on your device.
One way to check whether your device can bear the price is to check the Snapchat website for technological requirements. Or a more commonly used layman’s method is simply checking how hot your phone runs when using the app. If you feel like your device is burning up every time you try to snap someone, your device may not support Snapchat well, and it’s time to get a new phone.
Oops Something Went Wrong Snapchat Filter
Another reason your Snapchat filters may not be running up to the mark. It must be that your device memory is overload. Since there’s simply not enough memory to download new updates and filters that get regularly created. If you’re using an android device. You can use apps like Cleaner to delete the hidden unneeded data that has been stored on your mobiles like cache and cookies. You can also try to move your data from device memory to SD card by going to your settings and changing the storage location. But do ensure that your Snapchat is in your device storage so that the app data stays without any erase if you choose to remove your memory card.
For iPhone, you can clear cache from your safari settings or upload your data onto the free iCloud storage. While options available for memory cleaning are slightly less in an iPhone, transferring your photos and videos is a quick way to get your required storage space.
You Might Like: Facebook Dating Not Showing Up | Here Is How to Fix It!
Give Your App The Permission It’s Needs
Many filters on Snapchat use your real-time location to provide filters catered to that area. Filters like location stickers, movie premier’s or festival images may be under certain limits if you don’t turn your location permission on. Snapchat requires you to allow it to use that information to give you access to location-specific content. If you’ve accidentally forgotten to grant permissions or denied them, don’t worry. These permissions stay in control. You can do it through the app in a few simple steps.
- Open your Snapchat app from your mobile device.
- Tap on your profile in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Go to settings and tap Manage under the additional services section.
- You can toggle the filters ‘On’ from there and also manage in-app permissions from the same place.
- Once you grant all necessary permissions and make sure your filters are ‘On,’ go back to your Snapchat main page and test whether you’re able to use the filters.
Closure | Snapchat Filters Won’t Work
Apps are there so that consumers can enjoy their benefits for free or at a small price. But to use them, it’s important to grant them all the necessary permission and updates. If you’re not constantly fed with information over the years, you will lag when it comes to knowledge. Similarly, apps require you to provide them with all the new features and updates. Also which were in development to continue to improve themselves. Snapchat filters are easy to use to appeal to a wide age range of audiences; that’s why they make them simple to use. This article mentioned the different reasons your Snapchat filter won’t work and how to solve them. We hope this information is of use to you. If you have any questions or need clarifications, drop a comment down, and we’ll be happy to help.