There are so many choices available for portable table saws in the market as of now. You must have looked upon several portable table saw reviews. Now, put an end to your quest to find the best portable table saw for fine woodwork. Choosing the correct amount of quality, durability, performance, and precision in a single package can be frustrating but that has been taken on heed.
In this comprehensive report, you will get to learn about a few of the popular table saws. The list comprises and compares in totality, these eight of the mighty beasts of craftsmanship. Muster along to get ourselves through.
- 1 8 Portable Table Saw Reviews Consumer Reports
- 1.1 Rockwell BladeRunner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw
- 1.2 MicroLux Mini Tilt Arbor Table Saw
- 1.3 DEWALT Compact Table Saw (DWE7485)
- 1.4 Skilsaw SPT99T-01 Portable Worm Drive Table Saw
- 1.5 WORX WX572L BladeRunner x2 Portable Tabletop Saw
- 1.6 ETE ETMATE Portable Electric Table Saw
- 1.7 Metabo HPT Compound Miter Saw (Hitachi Portable Table Saw)
- 1.8 Tacklife 15 Amp Speed Miter Saw
- 1.9 What Is The Rip Capacity of a Portable Table Saw?
- 1.10 Can I Make Accurate Cut With Portable Saws?
- 1.11 Can a Table Saw be Used for Ripping?
- 2 Closure | Portable Table Saw Reviews Consumer Reports
8 Portable Table Saw Reviews Consumer Reports
Rockwell BladeRunner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw
Founded in 2005, Rockwell is a hand and power tools producing company currently owned and distributed by Positec Tool Corporation. Bladerunner X2 is an upgraded version of the original Bladerunner and now provides better control and capacity than the original one. It also has a carry handle now for better portability and a hold-down guard and a splitter to cut broader materials.
- [SETS UP IN SECONDS] Take this table saw to the job site or move it around the workshop. There’s even a built-in carry handle
- [CUTS LIKE A FULL-SIZE] With the standard guard and riving knife system you can perform rip, cross, scroll, and miter cuts
- [TOOL-LESS BLADE CHANGE] Uses any brand’s standard 4” T-shank blade, but we threw 5 in the box to get you started cutting wood, ceramic tile, plastic, aluminum, and metal
- [0-60° MITER CUTS] With the adjustable gauge you can pull off precise miter cuts for a whole assortment of woodworking projects
This tabletop saw uses standard T-shank blades and boasts a tool-free blade change in just 3 seconds, enabling you to change blades to cut different materials quickly. Perform all types of cuts, including rip, scroll, miter, and inside cuts with this single machine now with great ease.
This machine weighs about 15 pounds or 6.8 kg and sets up in seconds. You can also store your extra blades and all the stuff you are not using at the time in the saw base. This machine comes with a three-year limited warranty.
MicroLux Mini Tilt Arbor Table Saw
Serving us from 1928, Micromark has managed to make a quite impressive reputation in our craftsmen and our DIY community through their unique machinery and tools. Manufactured by the same company, here we have this robust 7000 RPM table saw. Made in Japan, this electric-powered table saw runs on standard 120 volts AC outlets. This gives you the power and precision you have always wanted.
- The world's first variable speed table saw, so it will cut metal and plastic, as well as wood. Compact size. Only 10 inches long x 11-1/2 inches wide x 7 inches high. Weighs approx. 11 lbs.
- The MicroLux is more powerful, more accurate, and smoother running than any other saw its size. Plugs into standard 120v AC outlet.
- This is, without a doubt, the most feature-packed machine ever designed for detail.
- High Quality, Made In Japan. The World's Best Hobby Size Table Saw With Features And Precision You Need. 1 year limited warranty.
The machine is lightweight, weighing about just 11 pounds or slightly less than 5 kg, making it easy to carry around, and the dimensions are convenient. You can cut an extensive range of materials, from aluminum to wood, with this machine. It supports variable speed from 3600 to 7000 RPM, and it comes with a vacuum cleaner attachment and a one-year limited warranty.
DEWALT Compact Table Saw (DWE7485)
Founded by Raymond DeWalt in 1924, DeWalt is an American worldwide manufacturer of power tools and hand tools and is currently owned and distributed by Black and Decker Inc. Manufactured by the same, this table saw runs on a 5800 RPM motor, and as the name suggests, it is very compact. Its dimensions being 26.65 x 14.08 x 27.15 inches, make it easy to carry and store. Make fast and accurate fence adjustments with the help of Rack and Pinion telescoping fence rails present in this machine.
- Portability: Compact size for ease of transportation and storage
- Easy adjustments: Rack and pinion telescoping fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- Variety of cuts: 24.5 inches of rip capacity for ripping 4x8 plywood or OSB sheets
- Power: 15 Amp, 5800 rpm motor
One more good thing about this tabletop saw is the onboard storage facility, carry the tools and extra blades, and all the side stuff along. This machine is highly robust, and the metal roll cage makes you sure about that.
Skilsaw SPT99T-01 Portable Worm Drive Table Saw
Founded in 1924, Skilsaw made the world’s first circular table saw worm drive gearing and die-cast aluminum housing. This company is dedicated to producing cutting tools only, so they know what they make.
Manufactured by Skilsaw, this benchtop saw runs on a powerful dual-field motor that stays cooler and helps the machine work harder and longer. It offers maximum torque with its legendary worm drive gearing. It is portable and easy to carry due to its compact size.
- First ever brass-geared Worm Drive table saw for maximum power and torque
- 15 Amp solid construction dual-field motor for increased cutting speed and extended motor life
- 25 inch rip capacity and 3-1/2 inch depth of cut for ripping a wide variety of materials; Fit Dado blades with the Skilsaw SPTA70WT-DD Dado Insert (Sold separately)
- Self-aligning rip fence with on-tool storage for a true cut
The whole body of this machine is made up of metal, which makes it durable and trustworthy. The best part is that it comes with a 180-day stay authentic guarantee and a one-year limited warranty. The genuine stay guarantee entitles you to get your money back if you are not satisfied with the machine within 180 days. Yes, you get a half-year just to try the device, which is fantastic.
WORX WX572L BladeRunner x2 Portable Tabletop Saw
Introduced in 2004, Worx is a line of lawn and garden equipment and power tools currently owned and distributed by Positec tool corporation based in Suzhou, China.
This Worx portable table saw weighs less than 15 pounds or 7 kg and comes with an adjustable miter gauge, which enables you to perform accurate 0-60 miter cuts from both left and right sides. Start your work right away as this machine sets up in seconds, and it uses standard T-shank blades with a length of 4″ or less.
- [GREAT AT CROSS & RIP CUTS] The steel rip fence and riving knife system lets you perform an assortment of straighter, longer, wider cuts
- [TRULY PORTABLE TABLE SAW] Weighing in at less than 15 lbs., you easily can move it around your workshop or even take it to the job site
- [ADJUSTABLE MITER GAUGE] Makes 0-60 miter cuts from both the right and left sides, so you can make every common miter cut, and every angle in-between
- [SAFETY SWITCH] An added safety switch and safety key give this saw an added level of security, so you don’t have to worry about accidental starts
Five blades are included in the package so you can perform cuts on all possible materials right after receiving the package. The five blades have a wood cutting blade, an aluminum cutting blade, a steel cutting blade, a ceramic tile cutting blade, and a wood scroll cutting blade. The package also includes a rip fence, a miter gauge, a dust extraction port, and a blade grip. Talking about more good things about this machine, it has a safety switch and onboard storage facility, and it comes with a three-year limited warranty.
ETE ETMATE Portable Electric Table Saw
Weighing about 9.6 pounds or 4.35 kg, this one is an extremely portable electric table saw. Manufactured by the brand, “ETE ETMATE.” Using this table saw, you can cut at a maximum of 40mm of depth. This machine utilizes a 7200 RPM/min motor, a rubber shock absorber at the bottom. This will keep the engine from sliding while working and makes the device less noisy.
- Precise Cutting: Miter gauge + laser scale + high-quality drill chuck, accurate cutting, clear, wear-resistant, more convenient cutting.
- Lifting Table: Cutting depth is 40MM. Use the hexagon bolt to lift the saw table, the humanized operation can meet your needs, the cutting depth is higher and more convenient
- Upgrade Large Worktable: Thickened metal worktable, precise control of cutting speed. It can be used for cutting soft metal, PCB board, plastic, PVC, wood, balsa wood, acrylic material to meet your DIY process requirements.
- 985 Motor: Low noise, rubber shock absorption at the bottom, will not slide when working. Double-sided saw blade clamp, greatly improved accuracy
Angle cutting is now even more convenient with 0-90 degree freely adjustable angle cutting. You get a step-less speed regulator at the machine’s side so that precise control is in your hands. The company also offers a 45-day return service, no questions asked.
Metabo HPT Compound Miter Saw (Hitachi Portable Table Saw)
Metabo HPT is a new name for the company, ‘Hitachi power tools.’ Founded in 1980, you can expect the same high quality from this company with just a new name. Hitachi portable table saw, manufactured by ‘Metabo,’ is a 10-inch compound miter saw with a miter angle range of 0-52 degrees to both rights and left for more flexibility and the bevel range 0-45 degrees. Besides, it has adjustable bevel stops.
- 10" Compound Miter Saw
- Same tools. New name. Hitachi power tools has renamed to Metabo HPT
- Miter angle range: 0°-52°, to the right and left for increased flexibility
- Bevel range: 0°-45˚, to the left with adjustable bevel stops for precision cuts
This machine weighs about 24.5 pounds or about 11.1 kg and is easy to carry around. Wherever you want to work with it, be it your garage or your job site. It runs on a 15 amp motor, which delivers enough power to perform precise and energy-demanding cuts. It also has a secure horizontal handle, which adds to its portability while transporting and safety while performing cuts. You get a 5-year warranty with this machine.
Tacklife 15 Amp Speed Miter Saw
This brand, “Tacklife,” was founded in 2015. Starting with a team of just ten enthusiastic and passionate people, and it aims to make powerful and portable tools to make people’s life easier.
- 2 Adjustable Speed & 3 Blades: By pressing the switch, you can convert between the two speeds (3200 RPM or 4500 RPM) effortlessly for more precise cutting, high speed for wood while low speed for metal. While the Tacklife EMS01A miter saw is equipped with 3 blades: two 10" 40T TCT blades for wood and plastic, and one multifunctional 10" 48T TCT blade for versatile use. Richer accessories provide a wide range of choice for your operation.
- Bevel Cutting & Laser Guide: The free bevel range from 0° to 45° allows you to do bevel cutting for more purposes.The Angle of the miter table is -45°/ 0°/ + 45° and the positive angles in all these directions are 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 30° and 45°, respectively.The laser is attached to accurately track real-time position and allows you to perform precise cutting.
- Durable Tool & Iron Blade Guard: Solid iron self-retracting saw shield is more durable than plastic and transparent saws, the teeth cover of the cutting blade can protect you from accidental mishaps. The sliding cut design allows you to cut longer planks. Made of stainless steel castings, it provides you with a strong saw and is well suited to withstand the daily work of the work site.
- Dust-free Environment & Extension Table: An additional chip bag connects directly to the saw to help collect sawdust away from the workpiece during cutting. A 35mm dust port allows you to connect your vacuum cleaner with an adapter to capture more dust. An extension table with vice clamping provides better support and balance, increasing the stability during cutting.
Manufactured by the same brand, here we have a 2-speed adjustable electric powered miter saw. The two-speed options are- 3200 RPM and 4500 RPM, high speed for wood and low rate for metal, and you can switch between them easily by just pressing the switch, and it also comes with three blades for different materials.
As the machine is a product of stainless steel casting, you do not have to worry about its durability. It comes with a 2-year warranty and permanent after-sale guidance. The red laser beam guide enables you to make more precise cuts as it guides you all along. Besides, the iron blade guard ensures your safety while you are cutting stuff. It weighs about 31.5 pounds or 14.2 kg and comes with a carry handle, both of which make this machine portable.
What Is The Rip Capacity of a Portable Table Saw?
The length of the wood your saw can perform a rip on is known as its rip capacity. To rephrase it, the distance from the edge of the table saw to the furthest distance that the rip fence could move away from the blade is what we call the rip capacity of a table saw. In our list, we have included all lengths of rip capacity that a table saw can offer.
Can I Make Accurate Cut With Portable Saws?
Apart from the size of the material you want to perform a cut on, there is no significant limitation while using a table saw. Most of the table saws on our list come with laser beam guides and make highly accurate cuts. Besides, you don’t have to worry about the accuracy as long as you are not working on an extremely professional level. You will not face any problems if you use these saws for home use or hobby use.
Can a Table Saw be Used for Ripping?
When performing rip cuts, a table saw is the only power tool that could make an accurate rip cut and a factory-like finish. Just make sure to follow all the guidelines. All of the table saws on our list come with user manuals, also downloadable with some of them. Moreover, follow the steps and get accurate factory finish rip cuts with a table saw.
Closure | Portable Table Saw Reviews Consumer Reports
We hope that this discussion on portable table saw reviews has benefited you in establishing a verdict. If you are amenable to buy one of these best portable tables saw 2020, keep in thought to let us and our readers know about it.
If you have any happening to share, do not hesitate to connect with us. Use the comment box below to value any or all questions related to these products.